Part-Time UP TO 32 HRS/WK with a potential to increase hours due to the Veterans needs!!!!
Simple Steps, LLC currently has a Community Support Specialist position open in the New Braunfels, TX area.
- High School Diploma
- Experience with physical and cognitive impairments/disabilities
- Experience with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Experience with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Veteran/Military Experience
Job Description: The primary focus of the Community Support Specialist is to help make life more rewarding for our Veterans with neurological disorders, physical disabilities, and traumatic brain injuries by providing the delivery of high-quality home and community services. Community Support Specialists accomplish these results by effectively supporting and carrying out quality client care plans, ensuring resources are engaged effectively to meet client needs, orienting/educating clients and client’s families about health care plan services and procedures, supporting accurate and complete documentation, and supplying timely data for generating accurate invoices. Our Community Support Specialists come together in a team effort with Case Managers and family members to best serve Veterans through dynamic social, recreational, wellness, educational, and individualized life skills training and activities in the home and community. The Community Support Specialist reports to their assigned Care Coordinator.
** Mileage and Expense Reimbursement provided
** Flexible Staff Scheduling
Specific Duties May Include:
- Attending community activities
- Outdoor activities
- Assisting with organization planning
- Assisting with cognitive impairments
- Ability to drive client
- Be able to lift 50Lbs
- Walking for hours at a time
All individuals should have the following:
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification (American Red Cross or American Heart Association only)
- Social Security Card
- Driver’s License
- Auto Insurance (100k/300k Bodily Injury)